A well equipped shop can handle a number of tasks. In the case of an auto mechanic’s shop, for instance, having a fully equipped set of tools, lifts, and air compressors can help prepare for most jobs on a number of models. Keeping these items organized, cleaned, and in good repair, of course, is also essential. From 5hp 20 gallon air compressors to Ranger quickjack portable lifts, there are many necessary items to make sure that a shop runs efficiently.
The auto repair industry plays a significant role in the nation’s economy because the U.S. has more cars than any other country in the world. In fact, America’s 300 million cars significantly out numbers China, which comes in a distant second, at 78 million. As a result, it should come as no surprise that the auto tools industry makes up 7% of the top services performed based on total purchasing dollars in America.
The proper care and use of these materials is an important part of a successful mechanics shop. Without proper training, for instance, injuries can occur and mechanical mistakes can be made. The correct use of 5hp 20 gallon air compressors and tie rod pullers, for instance, can make a job both successful and safe.
From wrench organizers to door spring compressors, there are many tools and products that are needed in a high functioning auto repair shop. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many tools and machines that are part of the auto repair industry:
- As many as 390 million vehicles, including truck, cars, motorcycles and mopeds, RVs, and buses, have been recalled in the U.S. since 1996. All of these recalls have required some kind of mechanical work.
- With nearly 80% of a car being recyclable, a single car has about 30,000 parts.
- The U.S. motor vehicle and parts retail industry generated revenue of around $100 billion in 2017.
- Including $202.28 for parts and $103.27 for labor, the total average repair cost in the U.S. is $305.55.
- The average national repair costs for a car is $356.04.
Tool companies that sell to both individual consumers and businesses offer a wide range of tools, compressors, and lifts to help solve any number of different mechanical tasks.