No matter what kind of car or truck you have, at some point in time, you will walk over to it and see a scratch. It is nearly impossible to avoid this problem. Danger lurks everywhere you go in the form of debris from the expressway, shopping carts at the mall or grocery store, or from other cars parked near yours in any parking lot. You can get paint for just about any kind of car. For instance, you can get Mercedes touch up paint, Porsche touch up paint, or whatever you need. Here are the steps that need to be taken to make your touch up job look great.
- Start with the right paint. There is a reason there are different kinds of paint. If you have a Mercedes, you should get Mercedes touch up paint for few reasons, The main reason most touch up jobs look bad is that the color is not perfectly matched to the car. The best part about getting Mercedes touch up paint for your Mercedes is that the manufacturer of most cars can get paint that matches exactly to your car. Another thing you can do is to look at the vehicle’s driver side door. You will find a label with a paint code that corresponds to the paint color of your car. Most professionals recommend testing any vehicle touch up paint in a non-conspicuous spot to make sure it actually matches.
- Take your time with the preparation process. Whether you have a touch up paint kit or just the Mercedes touch up paint, you need to take your time with the preparation work because this is the most important part of the process. The first thing you need to do is make sure the weather conditions are conducive to painting a car. You need to also find a good space to do the work. Your area needs to be clean, have a good ventilation system, be about 70 degrees Fahrenheit, and not be very humid. Before you start adding paint to the scratched area, you need to clean it thoroughly. Use grease remover and soap. If there is rust, you need to get rid of that with sandpaper that is 220 grit. If you have to do this, put on some primer for cars and leave until it is dry.
- Next, you need to use a base coat. This should never be applied until the primer is dry. You need to add a thin layer, wait for it to dry completely and repeat a few times. At this point, you should not be too concerned about getting the color right. If you take your time with the layers, you will get to the right color soon enough.
- Once you have the color, put on a clear coat. Again, you should add this gradually stopping between coats to let it dry all of the way. Make sure you do not remove any of the color paint when you are adding the coats of clear paint. It does not take a lot of pressure to take off the colored paint and that would mean the project would have to be started all over.
- Finish with some polish. For many people, after the touch up paint and the clear coats have been added, the area still does not look like it did before the damage was done to the car. That is ok. That is where the polish comes in. This is where you get the paint you added to blend in with the rest of your vehicle. Leave your vehicle alone for several days. Once you are sure all of the paint is dry, put rubbing alcohol on a cloth and add that to the area. That will make the surface shine.
Being able to use Mercedes touch up paint to fix up your car when it needs it has many benefits. You will save money, keep your car looking new, and save you time and stress. Taking your time to do the job correctly will do a lot to make sure you get the job done the first time.