As the new year arrives there are many people who are considering any changes that they will make when it comes time to turn in a car lease. Whether you want to make a purchase of the lease or trade this current lease right over to a new one, it is important to have a plan in place before you go to the dealership. By researching buy out prices and understanding all there is to know about down payments and monthly payments, it is possible to make sure that you are more than prepared for any offer that comes your way.
The beginning of the new year is a perfect time to take stock of everything that you have, examine your budget and decide what changes you want to make. When it comes to cars, there are many families that are getting ready to use the new year as the perfect time to check out the new models, or, in some cases, to get a great price on last year’s models before they are all gone.
When Was the Last Time You Leased a New Car?
From cars, trucks, and vans to the ever popular sport utility vehicles, there are many options when it comes to finding the perfect mode of transportation. And even if you cannot afford a new car this year, there are a number of used cars that are a perfect bargain. Consider some of these facts and figures about cars and the impact that they have on the nation’s economy:
- In its lifetime, the average vehicle will have three owners.
- Nearly 40 million used cars exchange hands each year, between private party and dealership sales.
- Most dealerships work with at least five to 10 different banks or loan providers so that they can offer competitive rates to their customers.
- In fact, virtually all car dealerships offer the convenience of on-site financing.
- More than 20 million vehicles on the road in 2021 will be over 25 years old, according to IHS Markit research.
- The Chevrolet Silverado, with 67,676 units; the Chevrolet Equinox, with 32,784 units; and the Chevrolet Malibu, with 16,628 units, are the top three selling Chevy cars as of December 2017.
Once you have decided on the new or used car that works best for you and your family, it is important to make sure that you get the regular service and maintenance that is required so that you can protect the investment that you have made.